Website N.E.W. Industries
N.E.W. Industries has offered consistent quality, service and value to our customers since 1983. We provide complete parts and assemblies to a diversified group of premier O.E.M’s across the country and internationally.
Good People Making High Technology Work
**$1,000 Hiring Bonus**
- Set up Turning Center Lathes.
- Make tool changes, offsets and resolve problems.
- Perform quality and measurement checks to make certain a good first piece is set, so operators can run the parts efficiently and accurately.
- Study manufacturing orders with blueprints, manufacturing drawing and tool sheets to verify they are correct and fill out proper paper work when changes are necessary.
- A high school degree or equivalency is required. A technical degree in CNC or high school or post-secondary technical education coursework is preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of experience setting up CNC turning centers in a fast paced environment. We have Mori Seiki machines.
- Excellent Math skills including basic math, fractions, decimals, algebra and geometry.
- Attention to detail to do in-process inspection skills.
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal standard operation and safety instructions.
- Proficient at using micrometers, dial bore gages, height gage, depth gages and dial indicators to indicate parts and verify dimensions of a work piece.
- Understand tooling and offsets. Ability to read and interpret CMM reports preferred.
- Must be able to maintain tolerances and finishes to engineering specifications.
- Ability to get to work on time and to maintain acceptable attendance. Follow safety procedures.
- Must be able to stand/walk a minimum of 7.5 to 8.5 hours a day.
- Must be capable of setting up a machine while twisting, reaching, grasping and bending.
- Able to compress a foot pedal.
- Depth to reach into the machine to load parts or change tooling is 20 to 25 inches. Reach into a crate to retrieve or pack parts is 18 to 22 inches deep.
- Ability to see blueprints, measuring tools and paperwork. Ability to write to complete paperwork. Ability to hear machine tooling and equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 – $27.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift