Website N.E.W. Industries
- Use handheld measurement devices (i.e.: micrometers, dial calipers, dial bore gages, etc.).
- Perform first piece inspections and audits.
- Kit gages for upcoming jobs.
- Perform receiving inspections (including outside services) and final inspections according to control plan and work instruction requirements.
- Provide measurement support to operators and setup personnel as requested.
|· Ability to accurately use basic hand-held measurement devices (micrometers, calipers, height gages, surface plates, gage pins, thread gages, profilometers, etc.).
· Ability to read and interpret drawings related to machining, welding and fabrication including GD&T.
· Understand the methodology of CNC machines and related tooling.
· Familiar with either ISO9001 or TS16949 Quality Systems.
· Working knowledge of quality procedures/documentation, including control plans.
· Above average math skills.
· Ability to effectively communicate with others.
· Detail oriented.
· Good organizational skills.
· Computer literacy highly desirable.
· Good interpersonal skills desired, along with patience and a good attitude.
|· Promote and adhere to company and quality standards.
· Basic computer skills, preferably fluent in computers and basic Microsoft Office programs.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Ability to grasp, twist, bend, etc.
· Ability to walk the production floor.
· Ability to see and read measurement devices.
|Education:||High School or equivalent required, some post-secondary education desired.||Years of Experience:||Quality or machining background preferred.|