N.E.W. Industries, a large, growing, innovative and sophisticated CNC machine operation in beautiful Door County Wisconsin, is seeking an experienced Quality Engineer due to company growth and succession planning. Qualified candidates will have experience in a manufacturing environment focused on the production of a durable product, ideally in CNC machining or metal fabrication. Strong leadership, communication and process improvement skills are essential for our growing and everchanging environment. If this describes you, apply today to become a part of our privately held, progressive business where you are a valued part of a team.
POSITION TITLE: Quality Engineer
POSITION PURPOSE: Serve as Voice of the Customer for assigned customers as relates to Quality issues
- Manage Quality aspects of product lifecycle of parts produced for assigned customers
- Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Integral part of cross-functional team to create part family PFMEAs
- Responsible to lead Control Plan development
- Capability studies
- Ongoing SPC requirements
- Inspection Plans
- PPAP completion and submission
- Review and follow-up of customer non-conformances
- 8-D Corrective Actions where appropriate
- Risk assessment/ PFMEA updates
- Lend metrology support to Q.A. Lab and operators where needed
- Review of CMM Programs
- Development of functional gaging where warranted
- Work with outside contractors to resolve any quality related issues as needed (plating, paint, heat treat, grind, et.)
- Be active member of at least one Internal ISO Audit team
- Director of Quality
INTERFACES ESPECIALLY WITH:
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Other Quality Department Personnel
- Machining Engineers
- Setup Personnel
- Machine Operators
AUTHORITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Accountable for accuracy of their work
- Accountable for working cooperatively with other department members to ensure Quality Plans are accurate, understood, and able to be implemented in a timely manner
- Accountable for working cooperatively with other departments to ensure best achievable new part launch and to resolve any quality related issues that arise either during or after production
- Strong/Expert GD&T experience and knowledge with application to machined and fabricated parts.
- Strong/Expert knowledge in metrology and application of gage measuring devices for machined and fabricated parts.
- Knowledge of statistical engineering tools for process optimization and problem solving.
- Ability to develop and prepare process documentation, technical reports and presentations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently while taking direction from and maintaining effective communication with department Manager.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to learn and grow
- BS in Engineering or Operations Management and/or equivalent experience, 5 or more years of experience in a Quality Engineering position.
- Knowledge of other manufacturing processes such as plating, welding, heat treating, and casting processes.
- ASQ CQE certified
- Knowledge and experience with CNC machining.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing methods and practices.
- CMM Programming experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Ability to grasp, twist, bend, etc.
- Ability to walk on the production floor.
- Ability to see to read measurement devices.